The Federation of Professional and Managerial Staff (YTN) is a private sector negotiation organisation at Akava. We are responsible for the negotiations and contracts on behalf of professional and managerial staff.
We also make national collective agreements with employer organisations as well as company-specific agreements. As members, we have 20 Akava unions, through which we represent nearly 178,000 people engaged in expert and supervisory work in different sectors.
YTN acts as the cooperation body for its unions. The unions set goals for the operation and monitor their implementation. The member associations decide on YTN’s administration.
We promote a good, fair, encouraging and equal working life for experts, supervisors and managerial staff in the private sector.
Our strategic choices:
- We are a proactive pioneer in renewing the entire labour union system, negotiation practices, contracts and related activities.
- We improve the salaries and terms of employment of our members.
- A comprehensive network of skilled personnel representatives is one of our strengths and a guarantee for the success of our operations.
- We invest heavily in recruiting new members at workplaces.
- We are an efficient party to negotiations and contracts in all situations and we are capable of flexibly changing the way we work, where that is necessary.
- We find strength and cost effectiveness in cooperation.
The shop steward networks of senior salaried employees (contact person, elected representative) form the basis for the contract-specific lobbying (background group work). Company-specific associations and shop stewards implement local-level lobbying. YTN’s expert groups (preparatory groups) are formed by the competent personnel of the unions. Read more about our organisation.
We are responsible for the contractual work within Akava in the industry and service sectors. We conclude collective labour agreements with the member unions of the Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK) and make company-specific agreements.
Currently we have over 30 national or company-specific collective labour agreements. Among other things, sick leave payment, holiday pay, family leave, flexibility of working hours, possibilities to save annual leave, shop steward system and negotiation and mediation processes supplementing the Finnish Working Hours Act have been agreed on in YTN’s agreements.