The Federation of Professional and Managerial Staff YTN have approved the new collective agreement for the consulting sector.
The most significant matter in the new agreement is the wage solution for 2018-2019. The new collective agreement includes also an option year regarding wage increases for 2020. If an agreement is not reached during May 2019, either party may terminate the new collective agreement effective from 31 October 2019.
– We will monitor the new wage agreement closely to find out whether it works as expected in the design sector and whether the company-specific item is implemented fairly. It is important that everyone keeps their shop steward informed and answers any questions regarding increments in wages at their workplace, says Hanna Huotari, Representative for Consulting sector at the Federation of Professional and Managerial Staff YTN.
The wage solution
- By default, wages will be agreed upon locally. The wage solution must have been negotiated by 15 December 2017. With regard to the wage increases for 2019, the deadline for the negotiations is 14 December 2018.
- If a local solution is not agreed, wages will be increased with a general wage increase of 1.1 per cent as of 1 January 2018. In addition, a company- or site-specific item of 0.5 per cent will be used for increasing the wages. The corresponding percentages for the following year are 0.9 per cent (general increase) and 0.7 per cent. In accordance with the agreement, the employer allocates an increase from the company- or site-specific item to all senior salaried employees.
- After the wage increases, the shop stewards are entitled to receive an account of the allocation of the wage solution locally agreed or implemented by the employer.
- The aim of the company-specific item is to make wage formation more incentive-based, achieve a just wage structure, promote productivity at the workplace and correct possible imbalances.
- The compensation for travel during free time will increase to EUR 19 per hour.
- The holiday bonus can be exchanged for time off by making a written agreement between the employer and the salaried employee. Annual holidays are accumulated during the holiday bonus leave.
- Shop steward compensations will increase by 3.2 per cent at the beginning of 2018.
- Instructions on telecommuting will be appended to agreements.