Senior salaried employees in the architectural design sector are architects by education and work as experts and designers in architects’ offices. Based on the personnel, the biggest companies in the sector are:
- Sweco Architects Oy
- JKMM Arkkitehdit Oy
- UKI Arkkitehdit Oy
- Lukkaroinen Arkkitehdit Oy
- Aihio Arkkitehdit Oy
- Arkkitehtitoimsto Sarc Oy
- Sigge Arkkitehdit Oy
- PES-Arkkitehdit Oy
- AW2 Architects Oy
- Arkkitehtitoimisto Tähti-Set Oy
The new Collective agreement for senior salaried employees in the architectural design sector is in force from 1 December 2021 to 30 November 2023. You can find the translation of the Collective agreement here and here is a direct link to the pdf file. You can find the new agreement here in Finnish.
The contracting parties are the Federation of Professional and Managerial Staff YTN as well as the Association of Finnish Architects’ Offices ATL and the Service Sector Employers PALTA representing employers.
The terms of employment, such as salary increases, working hours, sick pay, compensation for travelling outside of regular working hours, holiday pay and paid parental leaves, to be complied with in the sector have been agreed on in the Collective agreement.
YTN’s goal is a good and fair work life
- Away from underpayment. The salaries in the architectural design sector drag at a lower level than those of other senior salaried employees.
- Well-being at work by flexible working hours solution. Good means are, for example, flexible working hours, working hours bank and the possibility for telecommuting.
- All time used for work must be compensated.
- Competitiveness from top expertise. Companies must invest in the development of their personnel’s competence.
- Shop stewards must have sufficient rights to access information as well as operational requirements.
- Local agreeing should be fair. Generally local agreements are to be made between shop stewards and companies in writing.