Senior salaried employees in the architectural design sector are architects by education and work as experts and designers in architects’ offices.
The collective labour agreement for the sector is in force from 1 November 2017 to 31 October 2020. The contracting parties are the Federation of Professional and Managerial Staff – YTN as well as the Association of Finnish Architects’ Offices ATL and the Service Sector Employers’ PALTA representing employers. Read the Collective Labour Agreement for Senior Salaried Employees in the Architectural Design Sector in English.
The terms of employment, such as wage increases, working hours, sick pay, compensation for travelling outside of regular working hours, holiday pay and paid parental leaves, to be complied with in the sector have been agreed on in the collective labour agreement.
YTN’s goal is a good and fair work life.
- Away from underpayment. The wages in the architectural design sector drag at a lower level than those of other senior salaried employees.
- Well-being at work by flexible working hours solution. Good means are, for example, flexible working hours, working hours bank and the possibility for telecommuting.
- All time used for work must be compensated.
- Competitiveness from top expertise. Companies must invest in the development of their personnel’s competence.
- Shop stewards must have sufficient rights to access information as well as operational requirements.
- Local agreeing should be fair. Generally local agreements are to be made between shop stewards and companies in writing.
Senior salaried employee in the architectural design sector
- Approximately 1,100 senior salaried employees are within the scope of the collective labour agreement of the architectural design sector.
- Based on the personnel, the biggest companies in the sector are Optiplan, Arkkitehtitoimisto Pekka Helin & Co, JKMM Arkkitehdit, PES-Arkkitehdit, Arkkitehdit Soimi & Horto, Arkkitehtitoimisto Sigge, Innovarch, L Arkkitehdit and Sweco Architects.
- According to the latest wage survey made by the Confederation of Finnish Industries (EK), the average wage from regular working hours is EUR 4,100 per month in the architectural design sector (September 2017). According to the labour market survey by Academic Engineers and
- Architects in Finland TEK, the average wage of architects was 4,293 per month (autumn 2017).
- Approximately 70 per cent of architects work as experts (TEK’s labour market survey 2017).